15 February 2015

Pixel Diaries: 15/02/2015

Out for a walk in the field
It has been a quiet week for Pixel and I, not much of note happened which I guess is both good and bad.

On Tuesday I decide to shake things up a little with our walks. While we still kept the two walks a day routine, for the morning walks we would do roughly 5 miles (with Pixel doing the better part of 3 miles off lead). This meant that our second walk of the day was little more than a amble to let the dog have a wee. I found this had led to a much more relaxed dog during the day, as well as a sleepy dog.

On Wednesday I realized that Pixel struggled to settle while I worked at the Breakfast bar so I was forced to bring in a bed for him to sleep in which he certain enjoyed. He happily naps there most of the day while I work. It does seem to have made Pixel more clingy, with him following me from room to room but he quickly settles in whatever room I go to so I am not too concerned for the moment.

Asleep on his kitchen bed
This week marks the second week of Pixel being on Brown's Pet Range dog food, which we buy from a local pet shop. Other than possibly causing an upset stomach in the first week, Pixel does seem to have improved on this food. He is less hyper-active in the house and his coat is looking much better. I also found out on Friday that Brown's also make Fish Skin, and Kelp treats so I will be picking some of those up soon. I would expect a review of Brown's Pet Range food in the near future.

Finally in the coming week Ruthie will be off of school. Hopefully we will be able to take Pixel out on lots of fun walks and maybe visit somewhere new.


No comments:

Post a Comment