5 February 2015

Training Thursday: 05/02/2015 Edition

This week I have decided to clicker train Pixel. This first involves associating the sound of the click with a reward. In theory this should allow me to rapidly reward the dog and eventually allow me to do shaping training, where Pixel will repeat the action he believes that I want. This in turn allows us to build up more complicated tricks but also requires Pixel to think about the actions he is preforming.

While we have been establishing clicker training, we have also been working on learning how to bow. We have made some progress in regards to this, Pixel is now aware of the basic principle of what I want, and he will do the trick when I preform a certain physical movement. We need to build on this further so that he will preform the trick on vocal command.

Once we have completed learning bow, we will next be working on learning roll-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment